Monday, January 1, 2007

So it begins. . .


This is a picture I took of the Potomac today. It was so foggy, you couldn't see more than 20 feet across the river. I thought it was a relatively good illustrated analogy for my life. I have no idea what's gonna happen or where I'll be next year. (The beauty of being young). I truly believe that with every year we have the power to get better and improve. This is the year of "me".
Today my best friend of many years moved to New York City. I intend on re-locating in a few months too, depending on whether I can find a job and get the motivation to make such a large move. It won't be easy, but I think I can do it.



This is Ashley and Meredyth, right before Meredyth boarded her bus. Parting today was fairly emotional. Originally we were to move up together. . . but plans changed. Ashleigh turned to me and said "I don't want Meredyth to move". But we know she'll have a great time and we'll be up to visit soon. Later Ashley and I drowned our sorrows at Barney's Co-Op and Urban Outfitters. I'm trying not to indulge in so much retail therapy this year. . . however, I surprised myself by not indulging in a little self Christmas shopping while buying presents for others (which I usually do). So, I'll post those purchases tomorrow.



This year I fully intend on sticking to my rule of "get something new, give something away", so I came home and went to work on my closet. There's going to be a lot of tidying up in the new year. I have a lot of t-shirts which are either shrunken or I just don't wear anymore. . . so I'm going to give them to my godsisters. Shrunken cotton Urban Outfitters t-shirts are just the right size for 8-year-olds and 10-year-olds. More tomorrow!

No comments: