Saturday, March 3, 2007

Deep In A Dream - Chet Baker


Lately, I've been having the most beautifully, odd dreams. A couple of re-occuring dreams about places which don't actually exist (except for in my dreams), and dreams about beautiful places (which gives me ideas for businesses I would like to start). Sometimes, I don't want to wake up. I have had a dream about a certain place three times now, which makes me think, surely it must exist. But where? I can't quite explain it, I just want to find it. So here's to some things which are perfectly dreamy.

Congratulations to Jason Miller, who was in February's Wallpaper* (a little late, I know) magazine, featured as one of their Design Awards Product Designers. I have been after one of Jason Miller's "Daydreams" mirrors since last year! I kind of flip flop back and forth, because it is a bit of an extravagance. . . but it's a beautiful extravagance (my reasoning for anything I buy which I can't quite afford). The store which I wanted to buy it from "The Future Perfect" in Brooklyn, NY, has (had? )a wait list (which I'm on). I think looking into a forest landscape every morning would make my day instantly better.

I tried on this dress at Cusp a couple days ago and it fit like a dream too. Although it was on sale for $249, that's still a bit out of my budget. It reminded me of something which Erin Fetherston would make, however I can afford neither. So I shuffled into Forever 21 (to find something similar which would probably fall apart after one wear), and left quickly because that store gives me a massive headache. I must be getting old or something.

No comments: