Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good Bait - Nina Simone


(photo: www.conranusa.com)
This chair is good bait, because I'm such a sucker for pretty things, delicate things. Queen Marie of Kingdom of Style (http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.com) wrote about this chair a while back. She always finds such cool things. Anyways, I think this chair is beautiful, in so many ways. Items such as this always invoke the most superficial daydreams I can possible concoct. In this daydream, I own this chair and my future husband and I have a red living room (because I love red and black together), which we put it in. . . right next to the desk where he writes on a typewriter like this:
(photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71658672@N00/258540972/)
Actually, maybe it will be across the room from his desk because all that typing would really agitate me after a while. But I will listen to Nina Simone in the evenings and sit in this chair reading and writing. Oh what a nice life it will be.
For anyone who's actually curious about the origin of this lovely chair, it is a chair fit for royalty. It was created for the Crown Prince of Denmark by Louise Campbell. . . and with a price tag of $2,800 usd, well. . . he might be one of the few who can actually afford it (and let's be honest, he probably didn't have even to buy it, like the rest of us schmucks).

No comments: