Saturday, March 10, 2007

Somewhere Between Waking And Sleeping - Air (featuring N. Hannon)


Contest: I WILL Out-Lazy You!
This morning Contentant A and Contestant B both lay in their beds, not wanting to move, but both craving a fatty Saturday morning breakfast. Contestant B actually said "Heeey, I think I want a breakfast sandwich", and Contestant B concurred, that it sounded like a good idea. Crickets chirping.
Contestant A had had a rough night, getting only 4 hours of sleep after drunkenly mending a sprained friendship and topping it off with a three hour babysitting gig at 7:30am (did I mention that contestant A also worked a full day on Friday?) Contestant B had also worked a full day but had ample sleep the night before (providing he didn't spend it entirely on the internet).
Contestant A heard Contestant B getting up and getting ready to start his day. She smiled triumphantly to herself feeling as if she had won (and rightfully so. . .). However Contestant B explained that he had errands to run (after eating his breakfast), so she'd just have to 'fend for herself. Drat! Foiled again!


The above is my bed, where I spent a good deal of my day, somewhere between waking and sleeping.
I bought the new Air album because it's good sleepy, hangover music. When I first listened to it, I wasn't quite sold. I liked 8 of the songs, but now that I've driven in the rain and listened to it, it has really grown on me. I bought my first Air album in 1998 (I also bought Portishead, Dummy within that same week). Both changed my life and the way I viewed music. It was when I finally started the long process of becoming "myself". Funny to think that was almost ten years ago. Makes me feel old.

No comments: