Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Moody (Spaced Out) - ESG


That's right pregnant friend of starlet, you and me and Cameron Diaz makes three at Marc Jacobs today. Strangest experience of my life. You see all the idiots gathered outside? Your's truly had just left her daytime gig and had decided to go into Marc Jacobs just to browse at a couple of items which she knew she couldn't afford.

(photo: www.net-a-porter.com) Like this beautiful blouson camisole top ($995). . .

No sooner than I had walked in to the shop, suddenly, the shop assistants shut the doors, pulled down the metal blinds and the whole place pretty much went into lockdown. I was totally and utterly confused (and a little scared). But I glanced outside and saw paperrazi pressed against the windows like hungry dogs. It still hadn't quite hit me, until I turned to look over my shoulder and saw Cameron Diaz browsing the handbags with a friend. She was personable, friendly, and fun in a way which would make you want to be her friend. The shop assistants were being so cool to everyone (even lil' ole me). Rushing about, being super helpful and trying to tend to everyone (they probably knew I couldn't afford and thing and was just so dazed by it all).
I understand why she and Justin Timberlake, beat the hell out of those guys. Even though we were the only people in the shop, the aggressive press totally unnerved me and put me off my browsing. I can't lie and say I won't ever look at another gossip rag again, because let's be honest, most of us do from time to time (even the stars). . .but I realize how completely and utterly unacceptable aggressive photographers can be. When I left the store, I had to fight the crowds. . . but once they realized I was a nobody, they got out of my way. Anyways, Cameron Diaz, I salute you. Did I mention I saw Naomi Watts and Liev Schreibner walking their dogs last night? Yeah. . .

That experience left me pretty dazed and a little overwhelmed. So I wandered up town to Mood (www.moodfabrics.com) the best fabric store I have ever visited. That is where the contestants of Project Runway (and many FIT, Parsons, famous designers) go to find the best fabrics. It is amazing. However it was no sight for weary eyes. A couple rules about Mood first timers:

1. Have a good idea of what you're looking for, otherwise you could end up browsing for hours.
2. Know what you're going to make.
3. Eat something, you'll need your energy.
4. Buying bulk gets you a discount.


They've displayed boards of from past Project Runway contestants final shows. I loved Uli's and Chloe's (sp?) collection and it as cool to see such nice close up pics.

No comments: