Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ruby Baby - Bjork (Gling-Glo)


What is more pathetic than watching a chick flick like Dirty Dancing in a theater on your own?? Watching "Dirty Dancing", squashed between two different couples (in an audience that generally resembles the lonely hearts club). . . that's what. While there is always something to do in New York . . .sometimes one wonders if they might be better off, getting drunk in a bar on their own. However, "Dirty Dancing" is still a classic film.

photo: www.oslostil.com
This young lady's outfit reminded me of Baby's wardrobe in a couple of different ways (minus the leather coat). I find it really amazing that we're at a point in fashion where so many different styles and genres pass as "current". Anything you want to wear 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. . . just do it. People could argue that fashion is always that way. . . but I don't feel like it. Especially in the 80's, when I was a young child. Maybe it's the age I'm at where I'm generally more accepting of whatever people choose to wear (especially if they work like they own it!). But I just feel like there's a ton of freedom right now.

No comments: