Saturday, June 9, 2007

Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur


I received an i-tunes gift card for my birthday which I've been wanting to spend. The balance, has been sitting on my i-tunes, dangling in front of me, taunting me to buy, buy, buy. But what do I buy? I remembered that the Cinematic Orchestra just released a new album (they're playing the Summerstage in Manhattan in July). So like any smart consumer, I went to sample the wares on myspace first. I wasn't sure how sold I was at first. . . it's a bit different than what I've come to expect from them. . . which certainly isn't a bad thing. As far as their orchestral arrangement, it would seem as if they took a nod from Rachel's. And I have no problem with that at all. . .

But my roommate, Ann. . . sold me. She slept like a baby through the entire album (twice, after I purchased it). Anything which brings this much peace and serenity is a sure keeper. What I love about the Cinematic Orchestra is that something about them is so deliciously filling. . . contently. . . full. . .I am.

No comments: