Sunday, September 23, 2007

Come A Day - Beth Hirsch


I spent the today doing favors and hanging out with my Mum. She's become my new photographer and I think she's actually doing a pretty decent job. I've been out of it all day, I feel like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I forgot to put out the "sign in" sheet at my sister's Open House.

Later we went to H&M with the purpose of returning a shirt (which I left in a chair in our living room). My Mum and I have completely different opinions when it comes to taste and styles. She shops mostly at a second hand store and her wardrobe has many a pair of sweatpants and oversized t-shirt. But she offers some much needed sobering advice when I go into ridiculously overpriced stores. Sometimes she's right. Sometimes the stuff just isn't worth what it cost.

However, I'm not sure what both of us were thinking when I left H&M with this too small cardigan and penguin pants. While the cardigan is a pretty color, it runs small and is kind of flimsy. The penguin pants I actually like a lot. . . but I don't think I can pull them off. So it all goes back to the store tomorrow. If I change my mind about the penguin pants I might buy them later. They'll still be there. It's northern Virginia and I don't see the masses fighting tooth and nail for this trend.

No comments: