Thursday, September 13, 2007

Don Gon Do It - The Rapture

I'm back in DC metro town after a rather uneventful trip to NYC. I didn't do that "thing" I'm doing. . . and I looked at a couple of places to live, loved one but am not sure if I got it. Hence. . . uneventful. I noticed however, while DC still has warm, humid days with somewhat chilly nights, New York's autumn has pretty much arrived. The air is crisp and cool. I felt out of place in the summer dress, I wore yesterday as I wandered around the city. Everyone's broken out the autumn dresses and old boots. . . but it's fine, I've been wearing my Minnetonka's for weeks already.
Bonus points if you can tell me which Nylon magazine cover girl these Minnetonka's belong to:

My friend Kelly at the magazine, got me into them. That slender, young lady could wear a burlap sack and look smashing. Now I've inspired both my sister's to get a pair too. (And I kind of want a pair in brown too). I like Minnetonka's because they are beyond comfortable, go with everything I own because they're not really suppose to match anything in particular, and they aren't played out to the point where I want to barf thinking about them (uuuuuuggs. . . ). . . or maybe they are and I just don't know or care. Having said that, I do realize Kate Moss has been sporting similar boots in the past and I do see an awful lot of models and LES girls sporting them.



Most important, I think Chewbacca would approve. . . and really, that's all that matters. . .
(photo: www.bostonglobe.com)

4 comments:

Chubbs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chubbs said...

I love Minnetonka’s too. You’re so right about the contrast between NYC and DC dwellers right now. I travel up and down the East coast a lot, and while, here in DC, people are still wearing shorts and flip-flops, in NY, everyone’s wearing the cutest boots already. I love it…I’m much more a boot girl than I will ever be a flip-flop girl **ugly feet**.

Anyway, love your blog, and you’ve nudged me to buy yet another pair of shoes.

Chubbs said...

I love Minnetonka’s too. You’re so right about the contrast between NYC and DC dwellers right now. I travel up and down the East coast a lot, and while, here in DC, people are still wearing shorts and flip-flops, in NY, everyone’s wearing the cutest boots already. I love it…I’m much more a boot girl than I will ever be a flip-flop girl **ugly feet**.

Anyway, love your blog, and you’ve nudged me to buy yet another pair of shoes.

etoilee8 said...

Thanks! I can be pretty convincing. . . but seriously. . . you should get a pair, you won't regret it! I'm not really a flip flop girl either.