Monday, September 3, 2007

Summer Night - Miles Davis

Since my return to Virginia, I've been somewhat busy. Sleeping and putting things away. I've decided I want to get rid of half my possessions, but I'll get more into that later. I've also been laying around my house and my sister and her boyfriend's place, watching movies and sleeping. It has been a lazy Labor Day Weekend. My other sister and her boyfriend Julian are down from New York and we've all been lazy together. Last weekend of summer and this is how we're spending it: watching bad horror movies and eating good food. The other day, I fell asleep on my parent's back porch. It was awesome. I remember thinking to myself "this is what summer is truly about!".
I've also been catching up on my fashion magazines (they've been piling up at my parent's house) and reading up on my favorite fashion sites (what to make. . . what to buy. . . .). If I had it my way, I would buy the entire Bi La Li fall collection and call it a day. Everything they make is just amazing.






I love the fact that they stick to certain colours for every season (there's always something red and bright). I think that is one of the keys to having a successful collection. When everything goes together well, people are more inclined to buy multiple pieces. Mixing it up is good, but keeping it simple is easy and classic.

(photos: www.netaporter.com)

No comments: