Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You Never Had It - The Magic Numbers


(photo: www.peoples.com)
It struck me as true some time ago, that People's Magazine wasn't exactly the gospel when it came to fashion news (I don't claim to be either). But I was especially irritated when I read their list of 2007 Worst Trends and Wayfarers was number 1. I mean you can disagree all you want, but Wayfarers are definitely a classic which will keep coming back. . .

Anna Wintour made them a staple in her wardrobe from the 80's and on. . . (it's rumored that she never takes them off because she has very poor eyesight and her's are prescription). But my Dad wears them, Marvin Scott Jarrett wears them, everyone in the office has a pair and it's not like people are going to throw them away after this season is over. . . because before you know it. . . they'll be back again.

I have two pairs. The pink and black I got in a Nylon party goody bag. The green are mine from childhood. . . age nine to be precise. I dug them out of my trunk in my closet in June and haven't taken them off since. I am so happy I held on to them!



3 comments:

WendyB said...

I wasn't thrilled about those white frames on anyone, but the general style is classic for sure.

etoilee8 said...

Yeah, I know. . . the white is a little played out but I still like the glasses. .. or maybe I'm just uber pleased that I can actually re-use something from my childhood. . . or maybe I shouldn't be pleased because that just means I'm getting old :)

Avril said...

those ARE a pair of eyewear with a pretty long lifespan