Monday, October 29, 2007

Lesson In Survival - Joni Mitchell

Survival lesson one. Laughter is forgetting. I can't stop smiling in the photos below because I was being made fun of by my sister and her boyfriend James in between shots. The absolute butt of every joke today.

I walked in the door and heard "What?!? Hammer time!!".


I opened my notebook to jot down an observation and heard "Dear Diary, no one seems to understand my Hammer pants", followed by James' maniacal laughter.
We pulled up to a stop sign on our way to breakfast. . . and of course. . .wait for it. . .wait for it. . . "Stop!! Hammer time", echoed through the car, followed by more laughter.
For years, women's trousers have been so fitted and constricting. It's nice to get away from that, without taking the skirt or dress option. And if I recall correctly, this lady was quite the fashion plate when this movie was made.

I bet no one in Paris, made fun of this infinitely-cooler-than-thou lady, as she stomped down the street. I'm thinking heels is the right way to go with pants this baggy. And a blazer really polishes the outfit up too. I'll have to try that option next time, but today was all about comfort.

(photo: The Sartorialist)

4 comments:

WendyB said...

LOL! I have to admit "Hammer time!" is just a great thing to say. Go you, with your cool pants.

etoilee8 said...

Their taunting totally keeps me on my toes :) My sister will have a pair in about six months and then swear she never made fun of me. That's how it works, you see. . .

jdp said...

That lady would never wear those pants on a windy day, or else she would fly away. It would be like the typewriter in the sky.. "UH OH, UH OH, UH OH!"

etoilee8 said...

Laugh it up, dork. I'm having the last laugh as I love those pants with all my heart and soul.