Sunday, November 11, 2007

Me For Real - Arthur Russell





I was in the car with Matt recently and we were talking about the "Me Sprees" we've been taking ourselves on lately. (Overpriced sweatpants, cashmere sweaters, the works!) Autumn shopping is sometimes tricky. While I realized that my winter wardrobe from last year is still amazingly current, that doesn't stop me from indulging in a few new things every autumn. This sweater from Calvin Klein is so clean and classic, I want to wear it almost every day. And if you're wondering about my magical, new and improved bustline. . . Calvin Klein is also responsible for that. I kind of blew the bank there last week.


My Rules For Autumn Shopping:

1. Quality always beats quantity. Less is more.
2. Never buy anything made from itchy wool. If it's not cashmere or cotton, it's probably not worth it anyways.
3. Keep in mind the things you need, but don't restrict yourself to buying just that, because you'll end up with a bunch of stuff that you're not crazy about. And if you're not over-the-moon about it, is there really a point?

I also bought this elegant animal print cardigan from J. Crew. I love it. Aisha and James tell me it makes me look like that crazy woman in every office, who goes to every office party, gets intoxicated and talks loudly about "being on the prowl". I say: purrrrrrr.


(photo: J. Crew)

No comments: