Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pumpkin Soup - Kate Nash

Recently I had a bit of a meltdown when I looked at my bank statement and realized that there was less money than I had anticipated. . . the money appeared to have up and walked itself straight out of my account. Then I remembered Erin Fetherston for Target. Oh yeah. . .

My coat didn't receive rave reviews. . . (the average buyer didn't like it at all) but I really like it. It has it's imperfections. The bottom doesn't quite close as it should, it's a little thin for a coat, but for the price and the style, I think it's quite nice. I think white coats are so ladylike and elegant, but I never want to spend an arm and a leg on them (because I am not-so-ladylike and quite playful) therefore, this is the perfect solution.

The black twill pants, fit decently. I had to go up a size because the thighs were small, the waist big. . . and I like the pocket detail but I'm pleased that it's hardly noticable, except when you look close (otherwise it might be too cutesy for me). I have enjoyed wearing these.

Now the rest of the collection treads dangerously close to the "Too-Cutesy-To-Be-True" zone, which doesn't suit me at all.


These jumpers remind me of something my mother tried to stuff me into for school picture day in the 2nd grade. I strongly protested then and I shall stand firm in my adult years. I waited long and hard for my right to drink booze and vote so why on earth would I want to look like an 8-year-old now?

Cutesy and coy while still being cheeky is nearly impossible to pull off. But if anyone can do it, Patron St. Kate of All Things Cute and Cheeky can do it.


Photos: Target

No comments: