Monday, December 31, 2007

Across the Universe - Beatles (sung by Fiona Apple)

What a year, what a year it has been! I am not regretful that I am not in NYC with my two sisters tonight. I love them so much and we always have a lot of fun, but I know the city would overwhelm me. Instead, I'm in Northern Va. and I'm okay with that! But just because I'm in the suburbs doesn't mean I'm going to slack up on the New Years Eve Ensemble. I couldn't decide between frilly Erin Fetherston for Target. . .

. . . or masculine Erin Fetherston and the Gap.

I think masculinity and slight comfort (warm legs) wins overall. Plus, I was really looking forward to sporting my bowler hat.
I'm excited about being close to home and cozy for New Years Eve. . . while the rest of the world is going mad. . . like in Hong Kong. . .

. . . The Phillippines. . .

. . .my personal favourite, the lantern lightin in Sulaimaniya. . . so beautiful it makes me gasp and sigh. . .

and Edinburgh, Scotland!

This time of year always seems so bittersweet and a little sad, but I say, let's make this next year a really good one. Let's make it count! This is not only the end of the year but my blog's official anniversary. . . so thanks for reading. . . I intend to keep going for my small but wonderful audience! Let's make this next year even better and have a lot more fun! Happy 2008!


(Images: BBC , Post Secret and my wonderful Mum who I'm darned determined to turn into a fantastic photographer).

2 comments:

Candid Cool said...

cool bowler hat. and i love the fiona apple version of that song too

etoilee8 said...

Thanks! My one guy friend made fun of me, but I thought it completely the outfit. I just think that version of "Across the Universe" is so heart breakening beautiful and a little sad. Perfect for New Years Eve!