Thursday, December 6, 2007

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Al DiMeola


I don't know about you, but the winter blues have already set in for me. This time of year always forces me to think about whether or not my year has been successful. And this year has been fairly uneventful (and I'm mincing my words here). Parts of it have been downright disappointing, more so, than other years. The Christmas spirit has yet to hit me and I've done no shopping yet.


Currently, life isn't perfect. It never is, but really. . .
The weather? Cold.
My current job? Uninspiring.
My inspiration? A little dry.
My outlook? Bleak.

These things can change quickly and they usually do, but as I was driving home tonight, it was eating me alive. . .


. . .but, I re-routed my trip and swung by my mother's church. My mother and her friends were wrapping donated presents for children of needy families. The room was filled to the brim with toys and clothes. They received so many donations, but they didn't have enough hands to wrap all the gifts! Something about putting bows on boxes full of clothes for little children made me smile and melted the winter cold, which had seeped it's way into my heart. Next time you're feeling the blues, try doing something nice for someone else. It sounds so cheesy, but it's so very true. The problems may not disappear completely, but they'll go on a coffee break and give you a moment to smile.

No comments: