Monday, December 10, 2007

Hopefully Yours - Stina Nordenstam

The impromptu Christmas list.

This album from ArtDontSleep is full of artists that I've really gotten into lately like Flying Lotus and A Race of Angels. It's basically a handpicked selection of some of the best electronic music (I know that's a broad statement) from LA at the moment. And someone on i-Tunes said the cd came with really amazing artwork, on the insert. Thank god you can find it for cheap on Amazon . It's actually much cheaper on Amazon than i-Tunes. . .

This girl needs organization in her life. I think I do okay right now, but there's always room for improvement. Especially if I'm going to make this year an extremely good, positive, successful year. This planner is the perfect size and very pretty too. Once again Amazon . (NO pocket size. It's TOO SMALL for me. I will lose that thing in a heart beat).

Marimekko products are a safe bet as presents for the rest of my life. When you don't know what to buy. . . buy Marimekko and it will always go over well. I'm craving this shower curtain, when I finally settle in wherever I shall be. . .

Now the purchaser of this present, is a smarty pants, because she knows that if I ever make a name for myself in the fashion world, she can claim that she nurtured my "talents" and demand free clothing for the rest of this lifetime. While this book ain't cheap ( $75.32 is the best price . . . I think it's a good investment. Sisters o' mine, imagine the dresses I'll make you!

I know no one's going to buy me this for Christmas but I can still post it, can't I? I used to be dead set on the white but now, the light blue has caught my eye recently. But white's so versatile. And then there's always the red. . .

I've not read this one yet .









Once upon a time, I didn't understand people who cringed at the word "holiday shopping". I wrote them off as grumpy pessimists who just want to whine about something. But now, I get it. When you work full time, when do you find time? Weekends are horrific at the mall. And who as the energy to shop after work? (Actually I did today. . . and it was predictably miserable).
I have yet to alert my family as to what I need or want. I just stopped caring, I guess. Unlike my extremely savvy younger sister, who made an excel spread sheet and emailed it to all of us. I did make fun of her for it, but even I have to admit. . . the girl's got moxie.

3 comments:

cornpuddin said...

what is that a chair on skis?

silver screen pipe dreams said...

I agree about the shopping. I'd have a full on panic attack if I tried. I think I'm going to do all of it online this year.

etoilee8 said...

It's like the best chair ever Cornpuddin' :) A true classic and something that will retain it's value through out the years.