Monday, December 3, 2007

Real - Lupe Fiasco (feat. Sarah Green)


You don't have to love Banksy . You don't even have to like him. (Although, I do). But whatever you may feel for him, you cannot deny that he is one of the most influential artists of the 21st century. He is a tongue-in-cheek, political commentator who is totally changing the way we view art and the world around us.
Banksy has returned to Bethlehem to paint murals around the city (including the West Bank barrier), which is all part of an exhibition taking place in the city, today.





His work is scattered all around East London and illustrated my days as I rode the train and bus to work. Apparently, when I went to Sweden in the summer of 2003, I missed the event of the summer (an opening of a Banksy show). Everyone I knew that lived in London, was there.
Even if you don't like him, you have to admit that this is one of the best pranks. It demands respect. Plus, he gives his art away for free which I think is pretty respectable.
Photos: BBC

No comments: