Sunday, January 27, 2008

Drop - Cornelius





Dear First Boyfriend,

I know we don't talk a lot these days but I went to see Cornelius on Friday and it was wonderful. Thanks for introducing me to him. (Five years ago even! You were so ahead of the curve). If I had to see the same concert every week for a solid year, I would pick Cornelius. The entire concert was a dreamscape of visuals, perfectly timed to music. Aestitically speaking, it was the best concert I have ever seen, his videos are some of the best. The concert opened with "Breezin". . . and the video playing on the massive screen in the background. Breezin' makes me happy and I don't know why. It's like candy for your ears. First boyfriend, you gave me lots of things. Laughter, happiness. . .Irish Gaelic slang. You made me feel so special and beautiful. But above all. . .you gave me some amazing music. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. There will always be a place in my heart for you.

Sincerely,

Me.

PS- Drop is my epiphany song, as I had an epiphany when I woke up this morning. And then I had a couple more during the concert. Inspiration brain overload.

No comments: