Sunday, February 24, 2008

Red Alert - Basement Jaxx


I generally don't post about awards shows and such. It's not my forte and I hate how anyone who goes out on a limb, gets skewered and eaten alive by the press . . .ahem. . . Bjork. (I totally appreciated the swan dress and thought it took a good amount of courage to rock it). But this year, I was absolutely overtaken by the lovely red dresses. I sincerely believe that red looks good on most people.



In my opinion, Heidi Klum was the obvious winner of the red dress competition. But these other gals looked very pretty as well. Anne Hathaway looked positively regal.

(Photos: Peoples.com )

7 comments:

Chubbs said...

Katherine Heigl was my favorite for the night...she carried off the bold look so innocently.

cornpuddin said...

Too bad Katherine Heigl is a jerk and same with her lacking talent singer/hack of a boyfriend. As beautiful as her dress is, nothing can make a person like her look beautiful! Cheers!

etoilee8 said...

Jesus Cornpuddin'. Ray of sunshine much? Chubbs, Cornpuddin's got the insider info (trust me on this one). But I admit, I too thought Katherine Heigl looked pretty. Still routing for Heidi though as best dressed of the night. And Heidi's dress is being auctioned off for charity which makes Heidi the queen of hearts, in my eyes :)

Chubbs said...

yeah, i'm not saying i'm in any way a fan of Heigl, I just adore the dress...and the shade of lipstick. I've never been able to pull of red lip color...I think my full lips with all that red on them is a bit shocking to folks.

etoilee8 said...

I've never been able to pull off that shade of red either! You're not alone. . . it's all I've ever wanted to wear. . . but I'm still searching for the perfect shade. (Sigh).

Chubbs said...

hmmm....once bought Mac's Lady Danger--a killer shade of red, thinking "i've finally found it!" But alas, it was too bright for me. I hear Chanel has a "perfect" shade of red.

etoilee8 said...

I tried on several Chanel shades and managed to look clownish in ALL of them. I'll keep trying though. . . one day. . .