Monday, February 11, 2008

Teenage Kicks - Nouvelle Vague


Someone I worked with at "that channel", told me recently that I was a bit like a caricature of myself. I took that as meaning I must be in a bit of a fashion rut. . . and when Matt mentioned it to me today, on the way to the outlets, I really began to freak out. . . I mean ruts come and go, especially when your job is uninspiring. My style has changed greatly through the years. Right now, I wear A LOT of stripes (Marimekko being the preferred).

And comfy flats (like these from Sam Edelman). . .


And I am never seen without my childhood wayfarers and on my days off, it's the white Erin Fetherston coat. . .
But then I got to thinking. . . Margot Tenebaum is certainly a cariture/character and I like her, so I guess it's alright! Some of the coolest people fictional and nonfictional are caritures. . . Woody Allen, Andy Warhol and the list goes on. . .



But, I will be doing some thrift shopping with my upcoming time off. . . I think my look could use some more quirks.

5 comments:

Chubbs said...

love margot tennenbaum.

i did some thrift shopping yesterday in Alexandria, VA...but it was fruitless. Well, not totally, but there were no cool fashion finds. Just three books--Catcher in the Rye (I've always wanted an old shabby copy), a book by Alice Munro, and a Kipling's children's book. Where do you thrift shop?

etoilee8 said...

I go thrifting in suburbia. . . like Reston, Sterling, Herndon etc (occasionally Baltimore). . . sometimes you (but always good books) Those shoes were like pennies from heaven. You wanna come thrifting sometime?

Chubbs said...

oooh, judging from your fab duds, I think thrifting with you could be like a course in fashion for me. so that's a "yes!"

my boyfriend has gotten me more into thrifting...and he's pretty good at it. We go to a couple near Duke St. in Alexandria pretty often, but the one's here in the DC proper are overpriced, but sometimes you find something you MUST have and you splurge for it. We actually found some of the best cheap finds on an impromptu trip to Hampton/Norfolk last Fall.

etoilee8 said...

My comment got chopped off (or maybe I chopped it off). I meant to say, sometimes you. . . find good things, sometimes you find utter crap!

Secretista said...

We all go through a Fashion identity crisis every noe and then.

I love that jacket!