Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pont Des Arts - St. Germain


"Oh A.P.C., why do you do this to me?"
A smarter girl would destroy all her catalogs and stash her fashion magazines. (A smarter girl would also find a full time job with a steady paycheck and amazing benefits). But I can't destroy my catalogs, that would be sacrilege. I can't hide my magazines, for I enjoy them too much. But when I get to the point where I am salivating over a material item, I can try my darndest to make something similar.

1. I went to fabric store and was fortunate enough to find a fabric of the exact same coral colour (the colour is one of the things that really reeled me in).

2. I already owned this H&M tank dress that was of similar shape, so I traced it against the fabric.

3. Sleeves are uber tricky, but I find it works best to cut them in a square shape. (I recently learned that it's important to sew the top portion, or shoulder blade of the sleeves on to the rest of the dress, before stitching the dress together. . . laugh if you must but when you're self taught, it's these simple things that save your project).

4. Attach pockets.

(5. I also added shoulder flaps to the dress).




Ta-da. . . a near A.P.C. dress! I love this dress so much, I can't stop trying it on. I can't wait to wear it with my trench coat. Maybe somewhere far away, like Paris. . .

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Well done, and a very beautiful color on you.

Sofia said...

It looks awesome! Nice work!

K.Line said...

Great job! What a creative undertaking...

Matthew Jackson said...

Nice dress ;)
Although here in America we spell it "color".

cornpuddin said...

hahaha good one matt!

etoilee8 said...

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging comments and congrats. And to my snarky sister and best friend, pipe down :)