Sunday, March 23, 2008
Eight is my favourite number. So I felt pleased and honored when K. Line tagged me to fill out this survey. This required a bit of thought on my end. . . but I'm pretty satisfied with my answers. Thanks K. Line!
(Oh and Peas , Thinker , Chubbs , Secretista , Jamesy and whoever else would like to jump on it. . . consider yourself TAGGED).
8 Things I am Passionate About
1. music (my life has a soundtrack for every moment)
2. ballet (I am clumsy but when I dance I feel graceful and sometimes beautiful)
3. furniture (with a preference towards American mid-century design)
4. Europe (I feel grounded, happy and safe there).
5. fashion (when I make something functional and pretty. . . I feel proud)
6. trains (have train, will travel)
7. treating others the way I would want to be treated
8. tea and coffee (which is probably why I have sleep issues. . . )
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Publish a book of short stories from my life (I've got tales. . .)
2. Dance on pointe, teach ballet to underprivileged children
3. Move back to Europe and live in: Paris, Stockholm, maybe Rome.
4. Have a write up in Vanity Fair, for doing something great
5. Sell my designs
6. Inspire little girls like myself
7. Take my family and friends on an amazing vacation
8. Have some babies. . . with someone wonderful. . .
8 Things I Say Too Often
1. I'm coming. . . (always late)
3. I was thinking. . .
7. This is one of my favourite songs. . .
8. Alright, alright, alright, alright. . . (said as the Matthew McConaughey character from Dazed and Confused)
8 Books I Have Read Lately
1. Kafka On The Shore (Haruki Murakami)
2. Life Is Elsewhere (Milan Kundera)
3. Front Row: The Cool Life and Hot Times of Vogue's Editor In Chief (Jerry Oppenheimer)
4. Making Love (Jean-Philippe Toussaint)
5. Slim (Cynthia Rowley)
6. Bohemian Modern, Living In Silver Lake (Barbara Bestor)
7. What Did I Do Last Night? (Tom Sykes)
8. The 48 Laws of Power (Robert Greene) . . . a continuous read as it's very long
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over Again
(Just EIGHT!!?? That's really tough! Here's some random ones that keep appearing on my i-Pod like old friends)
1. My Tiger, My Timing - Arthur Russell
2. She - The Sundays
3. It Could Be Sweet - Portishead
4. Hairy Trees - Goldfrapp
5. Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone or Chet Baker
6. When It Happens, It Moves All By Itself - Telefon Tel Aviv
7. Perverted Undertone - Prefuse 73
8. You Don't Have To Cry - Crosby, Stills and Nash
8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends
1. sense of humour (impeccably filthy, somewhat sarcastic, with a hint of self deprecation)
5. ability to love
8. ability to dream. . . and a genuine want to make the world a better place
Posted by etoilee8 at 10:26 PM