Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Woyaya - Art Garfunkel


With all the grey skies and rain, I have had plenty of time to sew to my hearts content. Dresses, as always, (which I'll post about later), but my favourite creation is this copy cat wrap sweater. Bev Malik (buyer for Browns), is sporting Martin Margiela .


I realize I look so grumpy in one of those photos. Some days my smile looks unbearably cheesy. Anywho. . . my version cost $5 in fabric and a few hours to figure it out. I will try my darndest to explain. . .


1. You need two yards of very light weight, sheer poly jersey. . . two yards is a safe bet. . .
2. Drape over your shoulders and make the appropriate length of both edges (you don't want it dragging the ground.
3. Find a t-shirt that has a great fit in the arms and measure the shoulder blade.
4. Getting the arms is tough but it's best to measure where your shoulders fall and work from there.
5. Find some nice sleeves and loosely mimic them. . .











(The cool thing about this project is that there's so much fabric and plenty of room for mistakes. . . don't worry. . . just have fun! )

(Photo: The Amazing Jak and Jil )

2 comments:

K.Line said...

As always, impressive. Did you learn to sew as a child? I wish my mother had sewn / made me go for lessons. What a skill that is.

etoilee8 said...

k. line you are too sweet. I am completely self taught (my Mum only sews a little). I received my machine a couple years ago for my birthday. I am not so good with patterns but I have a good imagination! There's been a lot of disasters (still are), but when it comes out nice. . . I'm so pleased. But thank you!