Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wonders Never Cease - Morcheeba


What a glorious day I had yesterday, exploring the Unique Thrift store with Peas and Amy . That place is a treasure hunt of sorts!

Overall the selection is great. It is a huge warehouse building, with good air circulation so it doesn't stink to high heavens (like some thrift stores I've visited). But there is tons of sifting to be done, so do give yourself plenty of time. Eat a hearty meal before hand and bring your patience.

Peas knows to just say "no", to sequins. And floral dresses with tulle underlay which hit below the knee is a definite "no". But sometimes you just have to pick it up and ponder the glory of it. . .

I scooped up another really beautiful scarf, which I can't wait to wear this spring. It will certainly work with my coral dress and my trench coat. With my scarf fetish, I am quickly becoming my Grammy. I also picked up some fabric (jersey, of course. . . my favourite). Amy left with a lovely vintage dress and Peas scored a dress and a Western style vintage Wrangler shirt. Peas is addicted to Western style button downs. . .
That evening, Kimberly (neighbor and friend), taught us how to make pasta from scratch. We drank wine, laughed and ate the gooey goodness of home made pasta. Every day should be so pleasant and easy going.

3 comments:

Meredyth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K.Line said...

I so want that pasta right now. You have got my scarf fetish all in a knot :-) I am going to have to go looking this weekend for a fabulous find I can tantalize you with next week! (Oooh, now the pressure is on...)

Chubbs said...

I'm soooo going to this thrift shop before I leave for NY on sunday :-(

If Peas loves vintage western shirts...and if she's in NY soon--she should check out this spot--http://www.ragsagogo.com/. They have so many, it's hard to choose!