Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another View Point - Cornelius



Here's a little lesson in de-fugging a vintage dress.
A long time ago, it came to my attention that if ever I were to become a d-list celebrity (I do aim high). . . the little darlings at Go Fug Yourself would probably eat me alive, on a weekly basis. And it would probably be well deserved. . . sometimes I leave the house, thinking I look really awesome, only to later realize, I looked a hot mess. Not to mention the fact, that I do occasionally enjoy their site at the expense of other's and apparently what goes around, comes around. So of course when I saw this photo of Jenna Von Oy , I immediately got excited. It's happening already! I bought the sister of that dress from Salvation Army two weeks ago. And yes, I looked like a quaker in it too. . .

. . . until I de-fugged it.

First things first.
1. Cut that hem line. It's doing no one any good. Even if you're 5'10, a hemline that long would still make you look like a teapot (short and stout). Cut it off. Pronto. Five inches minimum.


2. Shorten those Little House On The Prairie sleeves. Do you envy really Chloe Sevigny's wardrobe from "Big Love"? Didn't think so.
3. Accessories are a good thing and the belt's a good start. . .but I like my scarf and jacket combo too.


Oh hell. Who am I kidding? They would still eat me alive in this dress.

6 comments:

K.Line said...

Um, hello, you are completely insane. That dress is fantastic - especially with those shoes!

Great post. Your dress fixes are spot on and the whole thing was fun and funny. I say, why be a D list celebrity when you can dress them? :-)

Chubbs said...

I want that dress. I love blue against my skin--and that electric blue is incredible!! hand it over, missy!

Jessie said...

SOOO cute! Love that dress.

I discovered your blog today from your comment on fashionisspinach.com and I'm bookmarking it pronto!

etoilee8 said...

k.line the fug girls would chew me up and spit me out. . . but who cares when I have the approval of the hippest Mum in Canada. . . Chubbs, you have my email. . .if you ever want to go Sal Val shopping when you're back in DC, get in contact. Jessie, please come back and visit more. I love new friends. xoxo.

WendyB said...

Great job with the dress.

aziza said...

You know, I disagree with the Fug girls way too often to care what they think and this is another case. I think you look so cute in that dress and anyone who thinks otherwise has lost their minds.