Monday, April 7, 2008

Anywayz - Esthero




My mind has been completely occupied by my own thoughts and one particular situation. When I can't clear my head, I enjoy looking at beautiful things. My dear darling friends at Rude have just what the doctor ordered. The first time, I heard about Rude , was on a now defunct British fashion website. I fell in love with one of their skirts, purchased it (and shipped it from London, which was unheard of at the time). I still love that skirt and I don't see myself getting rid of it in the future. Six months after said skirt purchase, I snatched up a British fashion magazine, from a duty free in Heathrow en route to Barcelona. I flipped it open, saw a Rude advertisement and thought, "now there's a company I'd love to work for". I had no idea that two years later, my dreams would come true and my life would change GREATLY for the better. Everything which happened to me in London, shaped me into the person I am today. Abi and Rupert are some of the COOLEST friends you could ask for. I miss their playful teasing, their happy faces and their ability to slam back a pint like the best of them.

(Prints: Rude )

3 comments:

cornpuddin said...

is that rude wallpaper?

Chubbs said...

about two summers ago, I listened to this every single day. I love her voice!

etoilee8 said...

No Cornpuddin' it's actually their textiles. Nice, right? And Chubbs you do not understand how connected we are. I've been listening to Esthero since high school. I recall many a summer blaring "That Girl" through my headphones on the beach in France. Hot sweaty summer in Manhattan, listening to "Superheroes", dealing with high school drama, "Heaven Sent". It really takes me back. (And I can still listen to it, happily). I've always had to explain to people about Esthero (she's still kind of off the radar). It's nice to know we have one more thing in common. . .