Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blue - Joni Mitchell


Yesterday I had the worse case of the blues. Sometimes life moves faster than I can possibly grasp. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with those around me, which results in feeling a bit lost.

Babies, birthdays, break ups, moves. . .
but nothing cheers my heart like $5 shoes.
(Salvation Army, my salvation. . . )

When I was in high school, my father and I passed this album back and forth until it became so scratched, we had to buy a new copy. (It was his to begin with and I probably should have bought the new copy). If this album didn't make your eyes a little wet but your ears a little happy the first time around. . . listen again. . . and this time, really listen. . .

(photo: Time )

5 comments:

K.Line said...

Man, this album was formative for me. How cool that your father was the one who introduced you to it. (My parents barely have interest in music and what interest they have is based on horrendous taste...) Hope you are feeling better today! (If not, there's always more shoe shopping :-))

etoilee8 said...

K. line, I have gone a bit mad with the shoe shopping lately. It's funny because my parents are so different, my Dad and I listen to Joni and my mother bellows up the stairs "not that whiney woman again!".

ambika said...

I remember when my ex-boyfriend first introduced me to her. It took me a moment to adjust to the high sweetness of her voice but I instantly loved her lyrics. So much talent!

And how much do I want those douche bags? A *lot*

Chubbs said...

ur gonna make me cry, and it wouldn't be the first time this week, or the 2nd. there must be something in the air--b/c I know a lot of people who are 'going through it' right now. Don't bow to the pressures, let them make you stronger.

vogued out!!! said...

aww love Joni Mitchell