Sunday, April 27, 2008

New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem


My sister and I bonded over working on this documentary last year in New York. It was our night job. We would meet up downtown after our day jobs, take the subway to Dumbo, pick up eats at this little market and lock ourselves in the studio until the work was done (and it never seemed like it would ever be). Often we would tag team between sleeping on the company's cushy leather couches and being in front of the computer. When the sun would rise, we would watch it from the loft's giant windows, creeping up over the Manhattan Bridge.

I took this photo from that very same window. Anywho. . . I just found out this documentary is sold out at the Tribeca Film Festival and that the party is today. I committed to go to a bridal shower already. . .

2 comments:

K.Line said...

OMG - you are an intrepid filmmaker in addition to fashionista? How do you find the time? What did you do on this film? Really, gotta give us more of the story, E! K

etoilee8 said...

Oh no K-line, I wish I could say I'm a filmmaker. . . just a mere transcriber on this project (meaning typing out every little word said in the rough cuts of the footage). . . but my field is television and I've worn a lot of different hats. . . production assistant, production coordinator, assistant producer. . . the list goes on, the titles lacklustre :)