Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sweetest Decline - Beth Orton


Today I could have been working on the tv gig to which I've been employed on all week. It was painfully disorganized and the hours were long. Alas, I was released (and relieved). Today, I could have been in ballet. . . but DC's gone all Pope-tastic and I quickly decided to abort the mission when I realized all the major roads were blocked off and traffic was the worse I've seen (just when you thought it couldn't get worse). Instead:

- I drank coffee with the usual offenders
- Stole a comfy striped sweater from Jackson B's box of clothing items which don't fit his wirey frame perfectly. I do more shopping from his hand-me-downs these days than H&M. When things shrink and don't fit his torso, they usually end up fitting mine perfectly. Ha!
- Ate lasagne, drank wine and listened to Bill Evans with my father.

Sundays don't get better than that.

Life is tiring.
Life's a feat.
Today life was good.
And deliciously sweet.

(Photo: Rogersandall.com )

2 comments:

ambika said...

I glanced in our recycle bin the other day and it was *ALL* San Pellegrino. The boyfriend is obsessed.

I honestly thought the wedding onslaught had ended and mostly thrifted the clothes I wore to the last half-dozen. I wish I had the time and talent to make my own instead!

etoilee8 said...

Oh no dear Ambika the wedding onslaught is just beginning. . . and the end is nowhere near! Brace yourself!