Sunday, April 13, 2008

They Can't Take That Away From Me - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong


I haven't been doing too much shopping lately (aside from thrift). Mostly because my checking account is dwindling and I don't want to be looked upon as irresponsible. Otherwise, I would blow my last bits of cash on Vivenne Westwood pirate boots on eBay (yes, I nearly did exactly that). However tomorrow, I'm taking a break from frugality to dip into H&M before ballet and find some sweet Marimekko stuff for myself. I meant to do that this weekend but my time was consumed working. Marimekko always pleases me (I've been obsessed with it since childhood). I know some people have mixed feelings about designer collaborations, but I think everyone wins in most cases. I realize H&M's designer collaborations sometimes leave much to be desired. . . but I have faith in this one. (I'm also excited about Comme Des Garcons for H&M! They seem to be on a roll with my favourites).

Here are some other designer collaboration pieces which I have my eye on:

Alexander Wang for Uniqlo . . .(that's right Cornpuddin'. . . Uniqlo. . . you know my size, I'll get you the cash). I need to find out a launch date for that. I almost bought last summer's original of this dress at the Barney's Warehouse sale. But $200 was more than what I had at the time to spend on a single dress. The alternative looks just as nice.



And I'll wash down my designer collaboration feast with a dose of Pierre Hardy for Gap . The shoes themselves have gotten mixed reviews, but if I can find these, I will most certainly try them on.

UPDATE 04.29.08: Those Pierre Hardy shoes looked horrible on my feet.

(Photos: Gap.com , H&M.com and Susie Bubble )

5 comments:

Secretista said...

That was scrumptious!

Chubbs said...

I saw these shoes at the Gap twice last week. And while they look like a great flat, I was reluctant to try them on because they also look and feel really hard. I could be mistaken though. I should just try them on. They'd be a great wear-with-anything sandal, I suppose.

Cate said...

gosh i haven't even heard about marimekko and comme des garcons doing a collection for h&m! everyone seems to be talking about marimekko lately!

etoilee8 said...

Ooooh Chubbs, you should try them on and let me know, Secretista, I'm jealous you and Chubbs are both in New York and get first pick of the designer/hi-low stuff and Cate, I can hardly wait. . . I just hope it's better than the Marimekko stuff. . . I found the Marimekko collection disappointing and too bright.

Puebla Chic said...

that song!! i love that song, I actually thinks thats in my top 10 songs. When and If I get married I want that song to be my first dancr whit my husband.lol