Friday, April 11, 2008

Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn and John


I don't care what anyone says, I don't care how petty it is, "Young Folks" was on my Myspace page summer 2006 before ANYONE I knew of was rocking it. I stumbled upon it accidentally, loved it and now I cringe when I hear it (there is such a thing as too much of a good thing). Yup, I'm a hipster. But guess what? So are you! The hipster phenomenon is amazing. Hipsters are the new preps. No one wants to be called a "hipster" but everyone wants to know the coolest bands first, no one wants to say in plain air that they follow trends (although they do) and no one likes admitting that they shop at Urban Outfitters every now and then. That's why this video is so hilarious! (And really, really well done. . . they absolutely thought this through). But if we can't laugh at ourselves. . . we're kind of lame, right?
Check out my new Urban Outfitters shoes. (I can no longer even pretend like I don't shop there). They arrived in the mail today, just in time. . . as I was craving a quick pick-me-up. I live for getting packages in the mail. I pined for these things, but I was too indecisive when I saw them in stores (and they sold out). So the shoes finally arrived today and they are really uncomfortable. The elastic in the back pinches my ankle. Sour grapes!

(Photo: Urban. . . the root of all evil )

4 comments:

love first, and live incidentally said...

lol its so great that you posted this clip, just this morning it came up at work when i was commenting of the hippsters in mccarren park yesterday. hehe my apt over looks mccarren park so i get to see them in all theyre glore on days like these.

anyways such a great video, no matter how many times you watch it it never gets old.

so this sounds sorta like a plug but as it turns out my friend used to date one of the guys in the comedy group, and he emailed us all the other day telling us about the contest theyre in, theyre up for a $40,000 equipment pack prize. so everyone go to the poykpak site and vote for them - theyre so funny they really desearve it!

Secretista said...

I hate when flats pinch the ankles!! I feel your pain. I feel your pain.

M.B. Whimsical said...

I love that song!
And I love Urban Outfitters, and I definitely wouldn't be ashamed of saying I buy there. I love it!

Does that make me a hipster?
Just kidding. I guess you could somewhat call me a hipster.
But hey what is a hipster after all?

Meredyth said...

Those sunny Williamsburg days, the smoke making my throat itch, the tight jeans making my legs sweat, and all the guys giving their best 'I don't care ' expressions so I never meet one I like. Ahh, those were the days!