Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Devil - The Rapture



"Economist say this is no time to trifle with your money" - says Glenda Bailey in June 2008 Harper's Bazaar . Maybe that solves the endless the question and discussion I've been having with my Mum lately. Why on earth is there so much great designer gear in discount stores right now? I mean, I have truly never seen this much goodness during any one season. Bad economy = bad for my credit card. I have had to show MASSIVE restraint lately (sometimes I have to leave a store before breaking into a cold sweat and panic). I did buy this glorious Marni top last week. . . it was my birthday after all. Everyone's got their own fashion golden rule. Meaning "if I see this, I buy it immediately". For some people it's nice fitting jeans. For me, it's discounted Marni.

A couple hints for the DC fashion lover:

Nordstrom Rack at Potomac Mills . . .expect to find Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Missoni, Rag and Bone, (I think I snagged the only Marni top), Sunner and a whole lot more (I had to leave before I got carried away).

T.J. Maxx at Tyson's Corner . . . expect to find Badgley Mischka, Bottega Venetta, Missoni, Hudson, J. Brand and lots of nice bath products.

But we must not forget Net-A-Porter, home of all things swoon worthy. It would seem, that every item which I've glanced at lovingly this season, is on sale. . . but mostly the sale items which interest me most is of the Mui Mui selection.




I have to go now. My hand is starting to twitch and I find myself eyeing my wallet with wolf eyes. . .

No comments: