Monday, May 26, 2008

Your New Cuckoo - The Cardigans


Now if you've been reading this blog for a little bit, you understand that I am a lover of shoes. I love all shoes equally. But when I laid eyes on these shoes, I couldn't help but to wonder if Jil Sander misunderstood the assignment. You see Jil Sander, since women's shoes usually range from being hideous and comfortable to beautiful and very uncomfortable (the happy medium is a matter of thresh hold for pain). . . we try to avoid obvious discomfort in the design process, if that is at all possible. This looks like you're going out of your way to cause some unnecessary pain. If that is the case, you definitely misunderstood the assignment. It's okay, you can do it over again and pass it in tomorrow.

( Barneys.com is apparently drinking this shoe kool-aid)

4 comments:

ambika said...

This is *so* confusing.

etoilee8 said...

Yeah, me too. I remember when I first looked at them, I did a double take and literally said aloud "huh?" (Huh - as in "but I don't understand. . .")

vogued out!!! said...

ummm what? yeah I want to see at least one person wearing this.

Stephanie said...

I think everyone is thinking the same thing because there are oodles of them on sale at Barney's now! The little platform heel part is squishy, but still... arch support anyone!? I really wanted to try them on just to see how they felt, but I was too lazy.