Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pearly Dewdrops Drop - Cocteau Twins












Speaking of adventures in copyright. . . I tried my hand at creating this Acne dress , with my own subtle changes, of course. Ballet and making clothing are extremely similar activities in the bold fact that often things which look effortless are extremely challenging. Making clothing look effortless is the challenge. I applaud Acne on this design, because it's gorgeous. . . plain and simple. . . but I didn't have the money for the original. . . so I made my own.



I made small mistakes, but I liked the end result (if the fabric ever goes on sale, perhaps I'll try again). It's the essential summer dress though. . . breezy, flimsy, with a bit of sexy. It rained hard yesterday evening and we took these photos after the rain (my favourite moment), when everything is wet, dewy, clean and damp. . . that is when I most want to run outside in the grass in my bare feet. We ordered take out. . .and watched the rain from Jackson's dining room. Jackson Black, my esteemed, charming photographer kept hissing, "boobies", every time he felt he could see down the sides of the dress. He was totally exaggerating! There are absolutely no boobies on display, I assure you. . .



(Photos: La Garconne )

3 comments:

laia. said...

love that shade of green!

silver screen pipe dreams said...

haha. Jackson sounds like my mom. She does that too. And I like the color and that time of day as well. Congrats on making it look effortless.

Obinna said...

Figured out how to post. Much easier than I thought. Well anyways, the dress is gorgeous. Looks just like the original.

Ballet Bud--Obinna