Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summersend - Misha




Being an adult, means you truly understand how glorious the weekend is. It means naps. It is cell phone ignoring at it's finest. It is sitting on your stoop in your pajamas, with your sister and chatting with your neighbors. It's going to soccer games and cheering on your neighbors little boy. It's a glass of wine at 1:30 in the afternoon. It is impromptu trips to Target. It's driving down the highway, with Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood blaring and laughing because you and your sister know every single word to that strange little song. And you even go so far to mime some of the lyrics.

Other Songs My Sister and I Rocked Out To Today:

- Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move"
- Credence Clearwater Revival's (remake)"Looking Out My Back Door"

But our oldest, finest and favourite all time rock out car song:

- The Clash "Rock The Casbah"

What do you rock out to in your car with your siblings or friends?

(Oh the outfit. . . dress, made by me out of a curtain. . .bag, Marimekko. . . scarf, Target. . . shoes, Salvation Army)

9 comments:

vogued out!!! said...

That Dress looks amazing on you, its perfect for the gorgeous weather too....I rock to 80s hits like madonna, cindy Lauper, donna summers (girl power kinda songs), with the windows up of coarse.

Matthew Jackson said...

Weekends, yes. Adult?
You might be the only adult I know rocking out to Gorizillas in their PJs with a glass of wine in their hand, while ignoring a phone call about going to Target.
Gald to see you're having fun :)

Chubbs said...

Ahhh...the weekend! Love to see it come, hate to see it go...

I'm rarely in a car (always on the subway), but when the BF and I take road trips, we have to find music that we both enjoy...we have varying tastes, u know. Prince, The White Stripes, Hendrix, and Sammy Davis Jr. (yes, I said, Sammy Davis Jr.) are always sure to please. Actually, the song "Night & Day" by Sammy Davis is a staple.

ambika said...

*Love* the bright blue and red.

Secretista said...

Aww. Your weekend sounds awesome. That outfit is so stylish I can't take it!! Oye, only one more year til I'm an 'adult'. No more 'teen' years.

cornpuddin said...

do I now have a tear as a photographer? Yay!

vogued out!!! said...

so being an 80s love child, I love most of the 80s disco era songs but my fav right at the top of my head are:
Madonna's-"get into the groove" "material girl"
Cyndi Lauper- "girls just want to have fun"
MJ- "bad"
Donna summers-"hotstuff" (fav of them all)

I know all the lyrics of the above songs. All in my ipod that I take to my car every time I drive.
Wish I had a sister, like you, so she can rock with me.

WendyB said...

Nice colors on you!

I'm Frankie Domino said...

i still love those shoes!!! btw...i bet you are a beautiful little penguin! ha! you should take a picture of yourself next time you wear those hot mamas!! i wanna see!