Monday, June 23, 2008

Sweetest Decline - Beth Orton



"Stripes on stripes?"
As the words rolled off her lips, I realized, I was disheartened by the fact that they came out more puzzled and confused, than anything else.

"Uh huh. I like it", I replied, picking up my handbag and walking towards the door.
She then shook her head, rolled her eyes and went back to reading her paper.

And wait for it. . . wait for it. . . and there's that judgemental frown which I've come to love so much! Mission accomplished. Mum is throughly disappointed.









But I love this look. I've been lacking in the outfit inspiration department. It's amazing what a quick jaunt to Target can do. This skirt's a bit preppy looking and had I not been looking for something of this nature, I probably would have overlooked it. . .Herve Leger, it is not. But styled properly and you'll live in this skirt (as have I). And have I mentioned it looks smashing with a blazer a well?

(Photos: Target.com and Style.com . . .apologies for the blurry outfit photo. My photographer had just drank his after dinner espresso. Next time I'll get the photo in before the coffee goes down the hatch)

4 comments:

Chubbs said...

I can't see your shoes! They look fab (and i'm sure they are), but I need a close-up :-)

p.s. i was in a store on 14th and T on Saturday--it's called Mango--and I saw a bunch of Marimekko (sp?) bags, and thought of you.

ambika said...

I love stripes & stripes and just spotted a lesson on wearing it in...'InStyle' maybe? Looks awesome.

laia. said...

you look great!

etoilee8 said...

Chubbs, they're the orange ones from the shoe posting. I love them, love them. I know of the store you speak of.

Thanks Ambika and Laia (Laia, I should have mentioned, you were the first of us to comment on stripes on stripes so I owe this one to you).