Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Daddy's Car - The Cardigans



Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you with little to no hesitation that I am a "Daddy's Girl". Dad and I have that special bond where most of the time he's the cream in my coffee and occasionally the oil to my vinegar. He doesn't always have the best plan, but often I just go along with it either way. Meaning I help with the upkeep of the vintage 1965 Mercedes which has always been a hot topic in our family.

"He should sell that money sucking relic"
"You're driving the Mercedes to work? Hope it doesn't rain in case you're waiting for a tow truck"
"That darn car is in the shop again".

But when I ride in it, sometimes I understand. . . some things are just magic. And occasionally I even dress the part, with 50's inspired plaids. My most recent favourite thrift buy is this pink oxford shirt. Like Papa and his car, I understand that sometimes the best things are simply vintage.


2 comments:

cornpuddin said...

Oh how do I love the money sucking relic!

gilda said...

i'm daddy's little girl too.

i love what you're wearing. the colors of your plaid dress with the lilac shirt is gorgeous!