Saturday, July 5, 2008

Red Dust - Zero 7


My government issued stimulus check arrived last week.
I like to think of it as a feeble attempt by my president to convince us that he hasn't completely lied, squandered and pocketed our hard earned money. (Forget about the money. . . the morals, the ethics, the lives. . . don't get me started)

Anywho, I told my Dad, when my check arrived the first thing I was going to buy was those Birkenstocks, which I've had my eye on. Take that, government! Have you ever looked at your recent purchases and noticed that they all have some common factor?


The $2 thrifted 70's granny shirt, which makes you happy just looking at it. . .


. . . the $2 hot 80's Mum shorts that you absolutely live in (also thrifted the same day). . .


. . . the $30 deeply discounted wide leg Paper Denim and Cloth jeans, which have the nicest wash ever (I don't care much for trendy denim labels, certain brands, I'll never wear, but Paper Denim really suit my shape). . .


. . . and the $20 Gap cardi.

Ooooookay. So something's got to give. I think the Gap cardi will be going back to the store, because:

A. I already have a cardigan that colour from Daryl K. and it is much nicer.
B. This garment looks like it's going to shrink after a wash. It is already wider than it is long.

What do you guys think?


I think all this tomato red madness stemmed from the fact that I've been caring for my Mum's tomato plant while she is out of town. If something were to happen to it, I wouldn't hear the end of it. Sometimes when I'm out and about, I panic if I can't remember whether or not I watered it. Wretched plant is driving me insane. When the tomatoes come, I am absolutely eating one. Maliciously. Deliciously.



(T-shirt: Cracksmokingshirts.com . . . nice name. . . )

6 comments:

Chubbs said...

2 things:

- i'm on the quest for good, salmonella-free tomatos...you've been holding out... ;-)

- my boss have the silver birkenstocks, and another co-worker has the black patent ones. So, I went out and decided, "this is the year I buy birkenstocks." Anyhoo--as lovely as they are (and quite comfy), I saw a retro-RED pair of Asics that I couldn't resist--and opted for those instead.

jo said...

wowww, that's a huge chunk of new tomato in your closet! but that said, it's a greattt shade. i had a red phase once... i think now i'm too much into grey

Gloria said...

well if you've already go tthe daryl k one, I say screw it.

btw, love all the red..sometimes its a little harder for me to shop for red since I need to be careful about the right red for my yellow skintone.

WendyB said...

I think that last t-shirt is the most stylish.

ivoreece said...

Oh, I'm a fan of red colour as well :)

etoilee8 said...

Chubbs, we have no tomatoes yet, just a ever growing green plant.

Jo. . . I go through my gray days as well, right now it's a gentlemen with the last name of Gray :)

Gloria. . .it's been returned, you're totally right.

Ivoreece. . . it's a fun colour and I think you could probably pull it off, I've seen your pictures.

and last but not least. . . Wendy B., I know you're wondering where I found such a stylish, class find.