Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things I Don't Know - Wolf Parade



I know, I know, I know, I know, I'm suppose to go with the fashion stream and declare this V magazine cover to be brilliant, amazing, gorgeous, whatever. But really I think it's awful. Trashy looking is trashy looking (even if you're Gisele). Yeah, she's got a nice butt, but I still fail to see what was so necessary about these over-the-top holey denim outfits. I'm not a prude, I'm nowhere near conservative, I try and see the art in everything. . . but this, I don't get. Explain? Anyone?


On a light hearted note, I had to include this photo of this poor, unfortunate soul, who gets paid to touch Gisele's butt. Life is tough, eh buddy?

5 comments:

Rollergirl said...

Oh god I agree. Naff as hell! PS, thanks for the comment...Yeah the chance of me going to DC is *this* much but I'll be in NY in September...does that count? Oh and my philosophy is never throw ANYthing away! Just buy a bigger house :)

K.Line said...

OK, the butt fluffer shot is hilarious. You so know what he's been talking about ever since!

And, I think it's uber-trashy. She's so beautiful but they seem, increasingly, to be turning her into a Maxim cover, everywhere.

Of course, one imagines that the best paid model in the world probably has some say over her image, non?

K.Line said...

Oh, and my husband just walked by as I pressed send on the last comment and said, "Who is that? Gisele Bum-chen?" LOL!

Annie said...

She's Brazilian. ::shrug:: Brazilians can get away with stuff like that. Generally speaking...

Sister Wolf said...

It's awful. I'm gald it's not just me being prudish.