Friday, August 8, 2008

Desiree - Caribou



















I have been obsessed with this lovely pair of Mary Jane flats ever since Jen blogged about them. I've been avoiding the word "obsess", ever since Sister Wolf pointed out how stupid it sounds, thrown in with the usual pretentious fashion jargon. But what do you call a pair of shoes that you check eBay for every day, Sister Wolf? Sounds like a slight obsession to me. Recently I stumbled upon this knock off pair from Delia*s . And while I normally don't believe in knock off anything, I have to say, a $600 purchase on my easy come, easy go salary just doesn't sounds like the brightest idea of the moment. Do you really think Kaiser Karl is gonna starve from the loss of my $600? I highly doubt it.

I don't know if I can do it. The Chanel flats are clearly WAY more awesome. Le sigh.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I don't know, I think the Delia's knockoffs are almost just as cute... which is a deal for not even being close to the same price. :]

Sister Wolf said...

Could you try saying "fixated on?"

"I have become fixated on these mary janes!"

K.Line said...

True, there's no comparison with the Delia's ones, but there's no comparison in price either. And, in terms of completing the look, they'll get 95% of the way there. I'd buy them...

Peas said...

Nah, it's all about the black trim on the Chanels. The Delias don't compare.