Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dayvan Cowbow - Boards of Canada



I love happy coincidences in life. I was up in New York last week for a job (that explains my absence around here. . . apologies) and since I've been home, I've been catching up on all the important things I left behind. Which includes watching this week's episode of that flaming ball of hot drama mess known as America's Next Top Model. I love that crap. If you were within a mile of me, at the two minutes and 12 second mark, you might have heard me drop my knitting needles and gasped, "Holyshit! I recognize that man". But where oh where have I seen him before?

Ah ha. Here we are. Frank Ockenfels III was the photographer who captured Obama for Men's Health magazine November cover, which took place on the other side of the room while our shoot was taking place. I guess he always wears white. (Shrugs shoulders). It suites him. You never know who you're going to meet, so it's just best to treat everyone with kindness and respect. I chatted briefly with him and Dave Zinczenko (who is a very sharp dresser) about the craziness of presidential candidate schedules. They had twelve minutes with the Senator and shot 72 frames. . . we had two minutes and only got one take. I also admired Mr. Ockenfels cool (read: expensive) camera and equipment. Ah dreams.



When I finished up my shoot in New York, I was strolling down Eighth Avenue after having left Comme Des Garcons and I nearly collided with Fatima from Cycle 10 of ANTM. She looked mad as hell.

1 comment:

typographic darling said...

oh man, you are dead for not calling me again whilst in NY!