Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Break - Aim





You know what else I love about autumn? Layers. In autumn, you can layer stylishly before it gets too cold. Once winter arrives, my style tends to die and my survival tactics of putting on as much as possible, come into play. There are plenty of people that don't do thrift because they don't know how to find what looks nice on them. The top outfit is entirely thrift, which I am very proud of. The boots, blazer, bag, dress. . . (okay, the hat is from Urbn.com ).





The bottom outfit is pretty frumpy but yet entirely mid range designer.

Wrap sweatershirt - Daryl K
Jeans - A.P.C.
Scarf - Marc Jacobs

In my defense, I was headed out the door to ballet (I never look my finest at those moments). But which outfits nicer? I think the thrift finds win by far. Designer clothes don't always equal a fabulous outfit. You've got to do the work.

2 comments:

sparkleandglitter said...

Yep, the thrifted outfit wins in my eyes too. I love Autumn fashion for the layering potential too :)

WendyB said...

Cute striped dress!