Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jump In The Pool - Friendly Fires



During fashion week, I most look forward to seeing whatever the fashion editors are wearing. I mean, let's be honest. . . you and I probably can't afford most of what the models are sporting on the run way. . . so we look to the editors for creative and innovative ways to wear what's stylish.


The first time I saw Kate Lanphear strolling through Soho and I stood there, mouth agape. Something about her was just so striking and magnetic. What I like most is that she stays true to her favourite style aesthetics without ever looking stale. Black, black, neutral, tailored. Plus, I think you could mimic her style with some carefully selected thrift. Sure your pieces probably might not be as streamlined and polished, but it's all about the attitude you choose, when you wear them.

The other girl is apparently Tatitana from Russian Tatler and I love the way she wears leggings with a simple black coat plus high tops. Be still my beating heart.

I was reading this article about the pressures of looking front row worthy, over the weekend. I believe much of it depends on how comfortable you are in your own skin.

(Photos: The Sartorialist , Garance Dore and Jak and Jil )

5 comments:

Chubbs said...

I saw this pic of the girl in the converse and i thought "how simple! how perfect!" I've never been brave enough to wear anything so skin tight...but she inspires me.

cornpuddin said...

Wow do you know where the first chicks shoes are from? They are mad high! I love them! Boost me up!

etoilee8 said...

Chubbs, she inspired me to go hunting for some high tops. And hunt I will.

Is your goal Cornpuddin' to be so tall that you leer over the rest of the world like a giant praying mantis, super villain? Because you're quite tall already!

cornpuddin said...

hahaha... Don't hate shorty!

Rollergirl said...

Oh I read that article, I thought it was pathetic! I never care what I wear to fashion week, I don't particularly want people to take my photo and I'm not in competition with anyone! PS, love that top photo...