Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Ding-A-Ling - Chuck Berry



Not working during the election, unlike me? Planning on staying home, nice and cozy with friends. Lucky you. Why not have a Spencer Tunick naked party? Spencer is looking for people to host Election Day parties which he can photograph as installations. Here's the official rap:

To host this party work, you must be willing to throw a party and take care of all the expenses associated with the party.
It can be BYOB, etc. The party can be low key or – over the top, it’s up to you. Also the party can be at another location besides from a home or an apartment. But it must be a private location so there are no onlookers. You would send the invitation to your friends by email to pose nude with you during the elections Tuesday evening Nov. 4th 2008.

I made a mock up email to show you what you would send out. I would work with you to get the invite ready to be sent out.

If you are interested, here are the steps.

1. Please send me a photograph of yourself (self-portrait digital camera snapshots are fine)
2. Send me a photograph of where I would be making the artwork, with television in view (include party address)
3. In your response to this email please use as Subject: ELECTION NIGHT PARTY 2008
4. Phone number.


If for any reason you do not here back from me after sending in your request to host my artwork, it will only be because I have chosen a party-thrower, sorry for this. I AM THINKING OF MAYBE DOING TWO PARTIES THAT EVENING?!

Please send your photos and requests in ASAP as I need to decide soon and start working on the artwork.

THIS IS GOING BE A HISTORIC ELECTION AND I HOPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IT WITH ME AND MY ART!!!!!
THANK YOU, SPENCER



I posed for one of Spencer's installations years ago and it was SO MUCH FUN. One big ole' naked party. You should do it! And don't be one of those lame clothed people. Spencer's all cool with it if you don't want to get naked, but I call it laaaaaaaaame. Besides, you know you've been dying to see all your friends unclothed, but you don't want to be the cheating peepin' Tom. . .

1 comment:

K.Line said...

Oooh, E. You shock me! :-)