Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sexy Asshole - Brazilian Girls



I bought this book for my older sister six years ago, when she was going through a string of bad boyfriends and her belief in astrology was at it's strongest. I found it funny and telling. . . she found it, utterly depressing.

I think there should be a sequel to the book, something along the lines of "How To Spot An Occupational Bastard By His Style of Dress".

A couple months ago I found myself working on a very high profile news shoot. I walked in the door and immediately pressed myself against the wall out of utter fear, like a scared animal. There he was.


Sharp looking blazer jacket. This one is Hickey Freeman, by way of Barneys .


Extremely trendy jeans. ( Levi's are generally the brand of choice, although I've seen some Lees around too).


Fancy polished shoe boots (sometimes unpolished for a more authentic, pretentious look). Occasionally from Prada

He looked a little more olive-y tan, a bit more slender, even his nose looked straighter. . . wait a minute. . . that's not him!

Apparently many a male European news journalist follow the same code of dress and styling. . . trendy jeans, nice pinstripe blazer, shoe boots and sandy overly styled hair.

So, if I wanted to get myself a new quiche eating, scarf wearing man, all I would have to do is hang out near news bureaus in Europe. Easy!

As I was having these very deep thoughts, I must have been staring off blankly in the direction of Mr. Heartbreak Doppelganger. Mr. Heartbreak Doppelganger (who happened to be German and not French) gave me that certain look of skirt chasing approval and a flirty smile. I hissed at him and threw my hand in his direction in a dismissive manner. Keepin' it classy.

For the upcoming election, I am booked solid for the week (blogging will be sparse). And I shall be elbows deep in journalists. Here we go. . .

2 comments:

Annie said...

LOL, I love this post...

sparkleandglitter said...

What Annie said, very entertaining :D