Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some Indulgence - The Embassy


Scent.

The strangest memory trigger ever. Sometimes I have no idea what's going on when a certain smell kick starts my brain.

Recently, I realized several of my perfumes were starting to trigger memories of unhappier days. And since I'm the most indulgent Ebay shopper ever (recently). . . I went ahead and purchased this today. It was two thirds the full retail price. I tried it on at Opening Ceremony , last week. It was hypnotic, calming and warm. The quintessential woodsy scent.

Start London believes it contains kara-karounde, which they define as "a jasmine-like ingredient used in the Congo for fertility spells".

Hold up.
Now that's where I have a problem. At this point in my life, fertility is not something I go looking for.

Oh well, I've bought it now, what can I do?



(Photo: Start London )

No comments: