Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wild Combination - Arthur Russell



Arthur Russell's music has always been this amazing mystery to me. Only a short time ago, finding information about him wasn't the easiest task. As was finding his music. I became a little obsessed about five years ago and began to hunt down his songs as if they were treasures trapped at the bottom of the sea. They are treasures to me (and many others might agree). Sometimes when something is so good, sweet and rare, you almost don't mind that it's a mystery. So when I see this documentary , I expect to cry a little bit. Because my favourite mystery, won't be such a mystery anymore.

(For Sofie , whom I always think about whenever I hear this song).

1 comment:

Peas said...

I can't wait. Of all the American things you have introduced me to Arthur Russell might be one of the best.