Sunday, November 9, 2008

100 Percent Trevira - Yonderboi



So now that all that election craziness is over, it's time to get back to the important things. What to buy with my paycheck. I don't want to jinx myself but I feel I've been fairly fortunate during this time of financial crisis, as far as workload goes. And as I have been working, like a madwoman, I do feel like I deserve a reward. However, the selection in the shops seem to be lacking these days and I usually leave empty handed.
My last couple of trips to New York, have been peppered with visits to Opening Ceremony where I have repeatedly tried on this brilliant dress by Anzevino and Florence . The one lone dress at Opening Ceremony is a size small and I seem to believe that one day it will miraculously fit and I will skip out of the store, shopping bag in hand. When I stopped being delusional, I got on my game and found their website. Fresh, new, inspiring and surprisingly moderately priced. Why the dress isn't available for sale is beyond me. It's made of this amazing fabric which, you can scrunch it up and it will stay bunched around your legs. Every time I come out of the fitting room, and the dress is poofed out around me, I think of Alice in Wonderland when she falls down the rabbit hole.















Plus it reminds me of something Helena Bonham Carter would sport around London.


And you have to admit, this little jacket is pretty nifty. Right side up? Or upside down? Which way is which? It's up to you!

3 comments:

K.Line said...

This is too bad. Great dress! The only one for sale at all is the one in the store that's too small. Sucks!

Make Do Style said...

I love that dress!

Ugly Fashionista said...

aja, your blogs are very interesting, i love them. i read it in class every other day, or just about. thanks for keeping me company while i learn