Saturday, November 22, 2008

Casanova 70 - Air

My father arrived at Stanford University during the height of the swinging sixties. Just ask him and he'll animately talk of parties on the beach, seeing Jefferson Airplane perform in a high school gym, going to protests and living in a milk truck outside the girl's dorm. Of course, clothing was an epic part of the scene. My father talks fondly of visiting San Francisco's infamous Polk Street to purchase clothes. He left with the brightest bell bottoms he could find and a matching paisley top, which made his basketball coach shake his head in utter disappointment.



Well, when I stepped in the house yesterday with my brand new J. Crew cords, my father smiled and said "that was the colour of my pants". And I knew from the many times I've heard that story, exactly what he was talking about. The apple doesn't fall so far from the tree. Get thee to J. Crew for crazy sales (like every other store). I paid $25 for these which were once $79. And no, they're not marked that cheaply on the site.

I have to say, I'm really not a fan of J. Crew's new "black, black no trade backs" policy on sale items. I hope they'll discontinue this policy once the economy is back to normal.

(Photos: J. Crew )

8 comments:

K.Line said...

These fantastic pants are turning up on stylish ladies of many different styles! Of A Certain Age's Karen has also bought these. And Wendy Brandes is really considering it.

I think they look so chic - but hip - on you E!

Your father sounds like the coolest guy. Every time you mention him it's to tell some amazing tale!

Secretista said...

That's awesome how the pants relate to your father.

WendyB said...

*Gasp*! You have my cords! You look great. Love your dad's story.

Fia said...

I love yellow and I LOVE yellow pants. Those are great. So vibrant.

Chubbs said...

those are brave, brilliant pants. and they're smashing on you!

Puebla Chic said...

i love the color of those pants

etoilee8 said...

Oh my goodness, what a resounding positive response! (I have to admit I immediately thought of Wendy B. when I bought these. At first I voted for her to get the orange, then I changed my vote to citron). How the heck are all of you? Brace yourself for the holiday season by getting some warm cords. xoxo!

jdp said...

Okay, now the urge to go back in time and hang out with your dad is nearly insurmountable. What. A. Pic.